Today’s Social Skills Lesson
Today, your child was presented a social skills class coordinated by our counseling team.
We began with a review of our school wide theme of “GRRR”: Granite Grizzlies are Responsible, Respectful and Ready to learn! The social skills classes each month will provide the skills to “GRRR”!
- We participated in a mindfulness breathing and relaxing exercise.
- We also reviewed “If you don’t show it, they won’t know it!”
- Today’s topics:
- Perseverance/Grit: Not quitting, being “ok” with working hard.
- Trying something new: How does that feel? How do we ask for help?
- When things are easy, how do we respond to others struggling with the same task?
Please discuss with your child what he/she has learned from this lesson. It can provide a wonderful form of reinforcement of essential interpersonal skills