Grizzly Growl 12/2
Dear Grizzly Families,I hope you were able to have some snowy fun today! Stay safe and warm this weekend. I look forward to seeing everyone on Monday. Morning and Recess Weather Guidelines – Families, I wanted to be sure you’re aware that our weather guidelines, which determine indoor mornings and indoor recesses, are to bring students inside at 22 degrees, or when it’s raining or snowing heavily. Please be sure to send students to school in clothing that’s suitable for the weather outside. December Character Trait – Granite Elementary will be talking about respect. Mrs. Ross, our school counselor, will read “Whoever You Are” by Mem Fox to grades K-1, “Thank you Mr. Falker” by Patricia Polacco to grades 2-4, and “Trouble Talk” by Trudy Ludwig to grade 5. Snow Day Alerts – if you did not receive alerts about our snow day today, please reach out to the office. It is possible that we have your landline listed as a primary phone number. I strongly recommend downloading the Parent Square app onto smart phones as well, so you have instant information. Questions to Ask Your Students
- What’s the best thing about a snow day? What’s the worst thing about a snow day?
- What was the most interesting thing you talked about at school this week?
- What did you learn about service last month? Tell me about Mrs. Ross’ lesson.
Upcoming Events This Week:
- Mon. Dec. 5 – 3rd Grade Clarke Planetarium field trip
- Wed. Dec. 7 – PTA Meeting 10:00
- Fri. Dec. 9 – Student Council Spirit Day – Dress like an elf!
- Fri. Dec. 9 – 3rd Wax Museum 9:30I always welcome your feedback and questions.
- Mon. Dec. 12 – The BEAT’s Parent Performance 9:15am
- Mon. Dec. 12 – The BEAT’s School Performance 9:45am
- Mon. Dec. 12 – December Safety Drill
- Mon. Dec. 12 – SCC Meeting in the library at 4:15
- Tues. Dec. 13 – 4th Grade Field Trip to Hillcrest High to see the Utah Symphony
- Tues. Dec. 13 – Reading Parties
- Fri. Dec. 16 – School Sing Along Assembly (students and staff only)
I always welcome your feedback, comments, and questions.Take care, Elcena Saline firstname.lastname@example.org 801-826-8575