Dear Grizzly Families,https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DACAF22A6F4C43-granite Work @ Granite! – We currently have several job openings for next year! Please check out jobs.canyonsdistrict.org to apply! Questions to ask you StudentsThere were very few dry eyes in our gym today as we watched our darling kindergarteners perform their American Symbols on Parade program, and our 4th and 5th graders performed their Utah and America program. One of the many highlights of the day was when the 5th graders sang the military anthems and honored the service men and women in the audience and in their families. I recently saw a parody song on TikTok about May being unbelievably busy with lots of middle-of-the-day activities for adults to attend. May at Granite is jam-packed with school events and I know how challenging this is for many people. Thank you all for supporting our students and our teachers from here or from afar. We appreciate you very much. Field Day Help Requested – A Message from PTA: This year we have a really GRRRREAT day planned Thursday, May 25th. We need your help to bring it all together. Please click on the link below to sign up with your child’s class. Thank you for helping us close out this year and celebrating our kids.
- What are you most nervous about with the school year coming to an end?
- What kinds of things do you want to read about over the summer?
- What are you going to miss about this grade?
Upcoming EventsThis week:
- Mon. May 15 – Fri. May 19 – Sucker Sales during Grade Recesses (Suckers are $1. Students can purchase up to 5 per day)
- Mon. May 15 – 2nd Grade Zoo Field Trip
- Mon. May 15 – AM Kdg, PM Kdg, and 4th Grade Buddies Field Trips (during kdg. sessions) to Granite Park
- Thurs. May 18 – 1st Grade Bike Rodeo 9:00 – bring your bikes and scooters, and wear your helmets!
- Thurs. May 18 – Safety Patrol and Student Council Boondocks Field Trip
- Thurs. May 18 – 3rd Grade School House Rock Program for Parents 2:15 – Doors open at 2:00
- Fri. May 19 – 3rd Grade School House Rock Program (for school)
- Fri. May 19 – Birthday table for July
- Mon. May 22 – Backwards Day – wear your clothes backwards!
- Mon. May 22 – LAST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!
- Tues. May 23 – Thurs. May 15 – KEEP Appointments for kindergarteners
- Tues. May 23 – Animal Day! Dress in your favorite animal print! Please do not wear live animals to school.
- Tues. May 23 – Staff vs. 5th grade Kickball Game (school only)
- Tues. May 23 – 4th and 5th Business Day (school only)
- Tues. May 23 – 24-25 Student Council and Safety Patrol induction ceremony (for parents of inductees)
- Wed. May 24 – Crazy Hair Day
- Wed. May 24 – ECC 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony
- Wed. May 24 – 1st Grade Granite Park Field Trip 1:00
- Thurs. May 25 – Field Day (for school and volunteers. All spectators will be recruited and given assignments)
- Fri. May 26 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! School will dismiss at 1:00. We do not serve meals this day.
- FRI. MAY 26 – Meet your teacher (school only)
- Fri. May 26 – 5th Grade Clap Out 12:45 (school and 5th grade parents)
As always, please reach out with feedback and questions.Warmly, Principal Elcena Saline email@example.com