Dear Grizzly Families, here. To pay for school meals, please visit your Family Skyward account. Call our office if you need help with this process. New Staff Please help me in welcoming our new Grizzly staff for the 23-24 school year!I am thrilled to welcome you to the 23-23 school year at Granite! Each Friday afternoon, you’ll receive a message from me that looks like this, with celebrations, information, and upcoming events. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, concerns, or feedback at any time throughout the year. We are your partners in educating your students, and hope to work together as your teammates for your child. When students arrive to school Monday (or Thursday for kindergarten) they’ll go to their grade level doors and line up with their teacher. K, 1, and 2 line up in front of the school. Third grade lines up on the north side of the school, and 4 and 5 line up in the back on the west side of the school. We’ll have lots of teachers outside to direct students to the right place. We will celebrate our students return with a red carpet event at the front of the building. School Information Information about Granite can be found here in Parent Square, or on our school website [//granite.canyonsdistrict.org]granite.canyonsdistrict.org. Our website has information about our bell schedule, school policies, student conduct expectations, and more. Parent Square is our source for nearly all 2-way communication with parents. You’ll see posts from teachers with information, messages just to you about your child, permission slips, sign-ups, and more here. We strongly recommend the free Parent Square App for IOS or Android, but you can choose to just receive email or text communication. Please let us know if you need help customizing your notification settings. Meal Information Granite serves breakfast to students each day from 8:40-9:15. Each student is able to order a school lunch daily. The lunch menu for August is linked
- Taylor Hekking – EEC Teacher K-1
- Donna Spivey – EEC Techer Substitute 2-3
- Brandi List – EEC Support Teacher K-5
- Kristin Homer – 1st Grade Teacher
- Jamie Aardema – 1st Grade Teacher
- Teri Hixson – Instructional Coach
- Nigel Stanton – Playworks Instructional Technician
- Rachel Hupaelo – Office Assistant
- Casey Sisnarenko – Instructional Aide
- Jenny Bradley – Resource Aide
- Amy Sybrowski – EEC Para
- Isabella Anderson – EEC Para
- Stacey Saunders – EEC Para
Bus Dismissal Routine Change If your child rides the bus home, please let them know that they’ll go straight to their bus when school dismisses. If their bus is late, students will line up at the colored poles to the north of the office. There will be an adult or safety patrol member there to help students who need help. Please work with your child to memorize their bus number. We will start the year with bus colors, but will stop using colors mid-year. We need students to learn bus numbers for their safety. If a child somehow ends up in the wrong place, we need them to be able to tell adults the bus number so we can find their information as quickly as possible. Questions to Ask Your Students (feel free to share these answers with teachers)
- Tell me the thing you are most excited for on the first day of school!
- Tell me the thing you are most nervous for on the first day of school.
- What is the most important thing that you want your teacher to know about you?
Upcoming EventsThis Week:
- Mon. Aug. 21 – First Day of School for Grades 1-5 with red carpet entrance!
- Mon. Aug. 21-Wed. Aug. 23 – KEEP Testing for Kindergarteners
- Thurs. Aug. 24 – First Day of School for Kindergarten with red carpet entrance!
- Tues. Aug. 29 – Fire Drill
- Tues. Aug. 29 – Back to School Night @ 6:00 PM (If possible for your family, grown-ups only please)
- Tues. Aug. 29 – Thurs. Aug. 31 – Brain Boosters Begin!
Thank you for your continued support of our incredible school,