Dear Grizzly Families,quick tips.. (www.commonsense.org/education). Questions to Ask Your Students:Thank you for supporting remote learning on Monday. A day to plan lessons and work in their classrooms was invaluable to our teachers. I honor that calendar changes place a burden on your families, but that time was needed and appreciated by staff. School Goals for 2023-2024 – Each spring, our teachers and our School Community Council collaborate to set our school goals for the next school year. These goals also determine how we allocate Land Trust and TSSA dollars. If you’re interested, please check out the 3 draft goals at the bottom of the Growl, and share your feedback with me or a member of our SCC. We are hoping to vote on these goals Monday. Important Kindergarten Update – You may have received communication from Canyons School District about free all day kindergarten being offered in all CSD schools. Granite is very happy to be part of this initiative, and we will be offering full day free kindergarten to all of our new Grizzlies. Parents may still choose a half day option for their students, but we won’t be able to provide mid-day bussing. Please call our office with questions. I’ll be working on logistics next week, and update you with more information next in next Friday’s Growl. March Digital Citizenship Tip – With so much media and information coming at us through the television, phones, social media, and more, it’s more important than ever for kids to understand the basics of media literacy. When kids can identify different types of news and media and the methods and meanings behind them, they’re on their way to being critical thinkers and informed consumers. Visit Common Sense Media to learn more about these
- Tell me about the best text you read this week.
- What did you write about this wee?
- What math concept are you learning? It’s the time of year when many grades move away from numbers and operations, and begin geometry, fractions, and measurement.
Upcoming Events:This Week:
- Mon. Mar. 13 – SCC Meeting 4:15 in the library
- Tues. – Wed. Mar. 14-15 – Reading Parties (Tues = K, 2nd, 4th; Wed = 1st, 3rd, 5th)
- Wed. Mar. 22 – 3rd Grade Field Trip to Museum of Natural Curiosity
- Thurs. Mar. 23 – 4th and 5th Grade Field Trip to Utah Natural History Museum
As always, please reach out with feedback, questions, or concerns.Elcena Saline Principal firstname.lastname@example.org