Dear Grizzly Families,What a week we’ve had a Granite! We were awed by our 3rd Graders’ production of School House Rock, we got to see our kindergarten pirates go on a treasure hunt, and we had our last reading parties and birthday tables of the year! We are looking forward to all the fun things to come next week, and also wishing for more time with your amazing kids. The end of the year is always a bittersweet season full of goodbyes and new beginnings. Report Cards – Report cards and assessment information will be sent home on Thursday, May 25th. 3rd-5th grade’s RISE reports can be accessed on Skyward sometime during July. Please keep an eye on your email for the release of these reports. Last Day of School Important Information – Grades 1-5 will celebrate their last day of school on Friday, May 26th.
- Students are in school for 4 hours, so we dismiss at 1:00pm.
- Transportation is still provided as usual, though there may be delays to bus routes due to all schools having 4-hour schedules.
- We do NOT serve breakfast or lunch on the last day.
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DACAF22A6F4C43-granite Work @ Granite! – We currently have several job openings for next year! Please check out [//jobs.canyonsdistrict.org]jobs.canyonsdistrict.org to apply!Last Week Safety: Please remember next week, to send your students with lots of sunscreen on. There are a lot of outdoor activities. The school can not give sunscreen to students, due to possible allergy and safety concerns. Students will also do a lot of activities and need shoes suitable for running (not flip flops). Field Day Help Requested – A Message from PTA: This year we have a really GRRRREAT day planned Thursday, May 25th. We need your help to bring it all together. Please click on the link below to sign up with your child’s class. Thank you for helping us close out this year and celebrating our kids.
- 17 hour recess/copy aide (M-F)
- 17 and 28 hour ECC paraprofessionals
Questions to ask you Students
- What is going to be the best thing about this week?
- What are the 3 biggest accomplishments of your year?
Upcoming EventsNext Week:
- Mon. May 22 – Backwards Day – wear your clothes backwards!
- Mon. May 22 – LAST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!
- Tues. May 23 – Thurs. May 15 – KEEP Appointments for kindergarteners
- Tues. May 23 – Animal Day! Dress in your favorite animal print! Please do not wear live animals to school.
- Tues. May 23 – Staff vs. 5th grade Kickball Game (school only)
- Tues. May 23 – 4th and 5th Business Day (school only)
- Tues. May 23 – 24-25 Student Council and Safety Patrol induction ceremony (for parents of inductees)
- Wed. May 24 – Crazy Hair Day
- Wed. May 24 – ECC 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony
- Wed. May 24 – 1st Grade Granite Park Field Trip 1:00
- Thurs. May 25 – Field Day (for school and volunteers. All spectators will be recruited and given assignments)
- Fri. May 26 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! School will dismiss at 1:00. We do not serve meals this day.
- FRI. MAY 26 – Meet your teacher (school only)
- Fri. May 26 – 5th Grade Clap Out 12:45 (school and 5th grade parents)
- Early August – Registration open – please register your child online. Look for directions to be sent out in July.
- Mon. Aug. 14 – Teachers return to work
- Mon. Aug. 21 – First day of school 1st – 5th
- Thurs. Aug. 24 – First day of school Kindergarten
- Tues. Aug. 29 – Back to School Night 6:00pm
As always, please reach out with feedback and questions. Warmly, Principal Elcena Saline firstname.lastname@example.org