Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
Fall is about to fall upon us. What a great time to get outdoors. We have such amazing access to mountains that there’s no excuse to get out there and take a walk or hike. Make exercise more fun by challenging yourself to a scavenger hunt….Happy almost fall!
1. Find a Pika pile (look for those mounds of greens that Pike build on the rocks).
2. Find what seems like the largest chipmunk possible (it’s really a Golden Mantled Squirrel…no stripes on its face).
3. Can you spot a hummingbird (what else do they eat besides the nectar from flowers?)?
4. Can you see a moose or a deer from a distance?
5. Did you know there’s a mink running around Silverlake…have you seen him?
6. Did you know there are many active Beaver Lodges in our canyons…can you find one?
7. Did you get close enough to a Yellow-bellied Marmot for it to yell at you?