March 2017 – Principal’s News
This week Granite Elementary will participate in White Ribbon Week. Monday we had a kick off assembly with the Utah Grizzlies. We discussed setting goals, believing in yourself, showing kindness, and teamwork. We will connect this great message to White Ribbon Week on how to make wise choices on social media and how to use social media to make a positive difference. On Tuesday, March 7th Granite will host a social media conference for parents. Debbie Dujanovic and a retired FBI Cyber Crimes supervision, Petra Butler, will discuss the realities of internet safety. Join us at 6:30pm in the gym for this raw and honest discussion on how to implement internet safety in your home.
With just one look outside we see a glimpse of spring. Sun is shining. Snow is falling. Please continue to help your students dress for the weather. A little sunshine and vitamin D is good for all of us. If the temperature drops below 21 we will keep them inside. We continue to monitor the air quality. If we experience a RED day, all students will remain inside. If we have an orange day students with asthma and sensitive issues will remain inside.
If you know of any incoming Kindergarteners for the 2017-2018 school year, please have them call the office to register.
We are proud to announce that Granite Elementary raised $4242.42 for our sister school, Magale Primary School, in Kenya. Way to go Granite Grizzlies!
March 1st – PTA meeting, 10am
March 7th – Internet Safety Parent Conference, 6:30pm
March 13th – SCC (School Community Council) meeting, 4:15pm
March 16th – Spring Pictures
March 23rd – 3rd grade School House Rock Performance, 2:00pm
Lunch Schedule 2018-2019 School Year
Grade Recess Lunch
1st 12:10-12:30 12:30-12:50
4th/5th 12:20-12:40 12:40-1:00
Cluster 12:30-12:50 12:50-1:10
3rd 12:50-1:10 1:10-1:30
2nd 1:00-1:20 1:20-1:40
- Lunches from home will be put in the grade level-rolling cart and delivered to the lunchroom prior to the start of lunch. Students will take the carts with them at the end of their lunch period.
- Playground assistants will signal the students to lineup for lunch and escort them to the south outside doors.
- Students will enter the south doors, drop balls and equipment in the bin then clean their hands at the sanitation station.
- All coats, gloves, etc. will remain with the students while they eat.
- Students will be asked to clean up their area and then be excused one table at a time to dump their tray and walk around to where they line up.
- During an “inside recess” teachers will need to pick up their students at their assigned tables. Please make sure the surrounding floor and area is cleared of large items before exiting the lunchroom.
- Please be on time!
Kindergarten am 10:30-10:45
First Grade 10:30-10:45
Kindergarten pm 2:15-2:30
Brain Booster: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday