_ Ronnie Mulqueen (Principal)
x__ Katie Dahle (chair)
x__ Natalie Gleave (vice chair)
x__ Bekah Craig (PTA)
x__ Matt Box
x__ Kelly Frye
x__ Quinn Nicolich
x__ Stacey Noble
x__ Michelle Schmidt
x__ Laura Warnock
__ Kim Wedlick
x__ Sarah Wilkins
x__ Richard Wilkins
___ Giulia Carvalho
Approve Minutes Laura Warnock approves, Michelle Schmidt seconds
● Welcome new members/ Introductions Stacey Noble, Matt Box, Rich and Sarah Wilkins
● Family Nights- how many and dates. Winter stem night January 25th (tues nights are elementary) May 3rd for our outdoor event
● Review Bylaw changes-read over it, once the district gives the red line
● Rules of Order and Procedure-we have a google school community council drive where our forms are Principal’s Report
● TSSP/Land Trust-review & Budget update-update and overview of website
● Looking at the budget for our tssp/land trust goals -see example of budget sheets. TSSP-might have to do an amendment next month. We only have 1 hired out of 2 positions available. Looking at having teachers do some after hour tutoring for additional help for the kids and to use that money. Also looking at splitting the 1 position into 2 10 hour positions
● Cell Tower Fund- Use these funds for teacher lunches, treats, and special things for teachers -Katie Dahle approves, Kelly Frye seconds
● COVID update-Granite doing well. Check the dashboard on Canyons home page to get information and look at numbers for your school
● SEL update – Next Tuesday October 19th the board will be meeting to decide the outcome of the second steps program. Several of our SCC members signed a letter that Katie Dahle drafted in support of the program. Reach out to Nancy Tingey if you want to share additional insights.
● Safety report and plan – Look at what we want to focus on this next year as our safety priority. Should we consider having parents sign in when we have school functions either during school hours or after school hours to not have such an open door policy? Officer Butler helps in 5th grade with Nova and the 1st grade Bike Rally – possibly have a police presence at functions, but this would be dependent on his schedule .
● October drill is lockdown
● Digital Citizenship report and plan – online safety for our students. Review plan. Ms. Felt is our digital safety person for Granite
Additional Items: Board is proposing 6 asynchronous learning days on Fridays between Nov and Apr 6
PTA Report- Red Ribbon week is the end of October. Tiger Rock will be coming to do a presentation
Celebrations- October is National Principals Month! Thanks to Ronnie for all she does for our community and students
Adjourn- Katie Dahle approves, Laura Warnock seconds
Next Meeting: November 8th at 4:15pm in Granite Elementary Library Guests may submit a discussion item to the principal or chair 9 days prior to the next meeting to be placed on the agenda. Guest remarks are limited to 3 minutes.
TSSA/Landtrust Goals: 1) 80% of students in Kindergarten-3rd grade will make at least typical progress according to Acadience Pathways to Progress. 80% of students in 4th and 5th grade will be at proficient or higher in Reading Inventory (RI) by the end of the year. 2) 84% of students are reaching benchmark according to Acadience math assessment. Our goal is to maintain and/or increase 1-2% proficiency. 3) Students will identify the qualities needed to have positive social interactions with peers and persevere through difficult tasks.